When USFSA announced details for the 2015 Skate America, I was very excited to see the release date for the 2015 Grand Prix assignments announced. The press release states that June 15th will be the day that assignments will be posted, which means we are less than one month away from the news!
The skating off season can really drag on, so it will nice to have some new information to speculate over for the summer.
I looked up the procedure on selecting Grand Prix assignments, and here's what I gathered in case any of you are interested :
For each event, the number of entries will be 8-12 for Mens/Ladies and 6-8 for Pairs/Dance.
1. Those who place 1-6 at the 2015 World Championships are automatically drawn two events. It will pass down to the next available skater/team in the case of retirements or injuries
2. Those who place 7-12 in mens and ladies and 7-10 in pairs and ice dance at the 2015 World Championship are invited to two events. It will pass down to the next available skater/team in the case of retirements or injuries.
3. Skaters/teams who have an ISU ranking 1-24 or have scored in the Top 24 of season best scores for 2014-2015 are guaranteed one event assignment, but are often invited to two.
4. Any host country can invite their own skaters to participate at their country's event, up to three entries per discipline.
5. Elite skaters who are making a comeback after an injury or season off are given priority in assignments when they return.
6. Any spot not filled by the rules above can be given by the host country to any skater/team with a score in the top 75 2014-15 season best scores.
About the Blog:
Reviews, predictions and opinions in the magical, sparkly and dramatic field of figure skating.